Dallas County, TX, July 07, 2021 — Plaintiff Sylvester Galbreath was a passenger in a motor vehicle that collided with another vehicle. He brought a dram shop suit against a club (and its related entities) he and his driver allegedly patronized before the accident, claiming the club over-served the driver. The club moved for traditional and no-evidence summary judgment, arguing, among other things, that it was a “Bring-Your-Own-Bottle” establishment, that it did not serve or otherwise provide alcohol, and that no evidence showed any provision to the driver by the club. Rather than respond to the summary judgment motions, Plaintiff voluntarily dismissed his claims against the club and its related entities. Representing the club and related entities were Brian Rawson, Stephanie Roark, and Tyler Stuart.
Tarrant County, TX, July 07, 2021 — Plaintiff Kenneth Scroggins, along with six other Plaintiffs, brought personal injury claims against two gentlemen’s clubs and their parent entity based on alleged thefts and assaults at the club. The defendants moved for no-evidence summary judgment on Plaintiff’s claims, and the Court granted the motion on July 7, 2021. Representing the clubs were Brian Rawson, Tyler Stuart, and Roy McKay.
Dallas, July 6, 2021 — Hartline Barger LLP is pleased to announce that 13 lawyers have been included in the 2022 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers based on professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
Hartline Barger LLP would like to congratulate the following lawyers named to 2022 The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Darrell L. Barger – Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Insurance, Litigation – Trusts and Estates, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Peter C. Blomquist – Commercial Litigation
- Richard W. Crews – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Donald A. DeCandia – Commercial Litigation
- Scott G. Edwards – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- David H. Estes – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Larry D. Grayson – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Thomas G. Jacks – Litigation – Construction
- Melissa Dorman Matthews – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Jeffrey S. Patterson – Litigation – Intellectual Property, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Marshall G. Rosenberg – Litigation – Construction and Professional Malpractice Law – Defendants
- J. Reid Simpson – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Michael G. Terry – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs