Trevor M. Brown
Trevor M. Brown is a tested litigator who concentrates his practice on the defense of contractors and design professionals from defect and personal injury claims. Trevor has a wide range of experience defending individuals and companies who build homes, schools, and business developments throughout the State of Texas. From pre-suit inspections through final resolution at arbitration or trial, he zealously advocates for his clients during every step of the litigation process. In addition to his construction/design defect practice, Trevor litigates personal injury cases, commercial litigation matters, and business disputes, ranging from small claims to multi-million-dollar actions. Whether a claim results from contractual reimbursement due to allegedly defective construction or an injury caused by a purported construction defect, he is prepared to assess the situation, investigate every possible defense, and argue against the best lawyers in the State. Trevor especially enjoys those cases deemed difficult or “lost causes” by other attorneys, as he relies on a saying constantly conveyed to him by his father: “I’ve done so much, with so little, for so long, that I can do anything with nothing, forever.”
When he is not preparing his cases for trial, Trevor enjoys attempting to grill, watching Fightin’ Texas Aggie football, visiting craft breweries, getting up early to watch Celtic FC with his fellow members of the Lone Star CSC, trivia, and especially spending quality time with his wife, kids, and two rescue dogs.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2016
- Texas A&M University, B.A., cum laude, 2013
Bar + Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Property Damage
- CALI Excellence Award in Trial Advocacy
- Distinction Awards in Evidence, First Amendment Law, and Criminal Defense Clinic
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- Sigma Alpha Lambda Honor Society
- Represented framing subcontractor in a multi-party Arbitration involving the construction of a multi-million dollar custom home in South Texas. Obtained an Award significantly less than client’s exposure following conclusion of Arbitration.
- Represented an elected official in an election contest lawsuit. During the bench trial, after direct and cross-examination of three witnesses, opposing counsel agreed to dismiss all claims.
- Obtained early dismissal for dirt material supplier in residential construction defect lawsuit.
- Obtained Summary Judgment in favor of apartment complex in a slip and fall lawsuit.
- Obtained Summary Judgment in favor of plumbing contractor in a breach of contract case involving non-payment by a general contractor.
- Obtained favorable settlement for turf installation contractor in construction defect dispute involving the installation of an artificial turf football field.
- Obtained favorable settlement for turf installation contractor in construction defect dispute involving the installation of artificial turf baseball, softball, and football fields. This settlement occurred following successful motions to strike the Plaintiff school district’s liability and cost of repair experts.
- Enforcing the Judicial Campaign Fairness Act in the Face of McCutcheon v. FEC, Texas Tech Administrative Law Journal, Vol. 16
- The Impact of S.B. 219 on Contractor Liability for Deficiencies in Design Documents