Matt’s experience includes active management of matters at all stages from pre-suit investigation through to jury trial and appellate review. He routinely appears before state and federal courts from Beaumont to El Paso and Houston to Dallas and enjoys the opportunity to be involved in matters in different venues throughout Texas.
Prior to Hartline Barger LLP, Matt worked as a negotiator for another Houston law firm. Before that, he worked for 10 years as a claims adjuster for a major insurance company.
During college, Matthew interned at the British Parliament under Scottish MP, James Murphy.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- Dean's Honor List
- State University of New York, B.A. magna cum laude, B.S. magna cum laude, 2003
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society
- Phi Beta Delta (academic excellence in study abroad programs)
- Alpha Phi Sigma (excellence in the study of Criminal Justice)
Bar + Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Certified, Third Party Neutral, Texas Rules of Civil Procedure
- Consumer Products & Retail
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Defect