William A. Sherwood
William A. Sherwood is an experienced trial lawyer who has been practicing for more than thirty years, principally in the state and federal courts of Texas. He has tried a variety of cases to verdict. He has effectively handled cases involving catastrophic injuries, products liability, trucking and transportation cases, fire cases, premises defect cases, construction defect cases, professional liability including health care liability matters, commercial and contract disputes including arbitration, fiduciary duty matters, Texas Deceptive Trade Practices matters, among others. Bill is board-certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Civil Trial Law and by the State Bar of Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Personal Injury Trial Law and in Civil Trial Law.
He is the founding president of the National Board of Trial Advocacy’s Houston Chapter and currently serves as a director on the national board of the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He has been elected by his peers to membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel and Texas Association of Defense Counsel.
Bill is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale Hubbell®. He is a Life Fellow of both the Houston Bar Foundation and the Texas Bar Foundation.
Bill has served for more than 15 years on the Advisory Council of the Salvation Army Houston Adult Rehabilitation Center, including a term as Chair of the Advisory Council. He has served for four years as an elected member of the City Council of Bunker Hill Village, a Houston suburb. He has served as president of the Kiwanis Club of Houston.
- Tulane University School of Law, J.D.
- Tulane Law Review, Member and Articles Editor
- Davidson College, A.B.
Bar + Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Consumer Products & Retail
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Property Damage
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Texas Super Lawyers® by Thompson Reuters (2004, 2006-2012, 2014, 2017)
- Life Fellow, Houston Bar Foundation
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Founding President, National Board of Trial Advocacy, Houston Chapter
- Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified, Civil Trial Law, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified, Civil Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Director, National Board of Trial Advocacy (2015 – 2018)
- Houston Bar Association – Member, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law Section (2014 – 2016)